The Great Neck South Middle School Parent Teacher Association facilitates the Home-School connection and strives to enrich the students and the school. We help integrate families into the Middle School environment.
Dear South Middle School Families,
Welcome back! As we embark on another post-Covid school year, we remain optimistic yet adaptable to any opportunities and challenges that may arise. Throughout the pandemic, the SMS PTA has continued to operate in a safe and agile manner, evolving as necessary to help continue delivering a sense of community to our students, teachers, and parents, while adapting to changing guidelines and restrictions.
While the coming school year brings uncertainties, our goals are clear:
● We seek to unite and build the SMS community and create an environment of inclusiveness, respect and appreciation of our differences
● We welcome and encourage parents, teachers, and students to plan, deliver and participate in meaningful experiences
● We aim to make the school a more safe and enriching environment, foster school spirit, and promote staff appreciation
By collecting dues and hosting fundraising events, the PTA is able to support these types of critical SMS activities, and assist in the purchase of much-needed supplies and equipment not included in the operating budget. We are ONLY able to do this with your generous support. Now more than ever, SMS and the PTA are relying on our
You can help:
● CLICK HERE TO PAY PTA DUES : By paying your PTA dues, you are helping the students, faculty and staff. We are suggesting a $25 family contribution, however, any amount is appreciated.
● AUTOMATICALLY DONATE TO SMS: Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to South Middle School PTA when you shop using www.smile.amazon.com. Select Great Neck South Middle School PTA Inc. as your charity of choice.
● CONTACT YOUR EMPLOYER OR HR: Many employers will match employee contributions to qualifying charities. Great Neck South Middle PTA is a qualifying charity. Please contact your employer for more details as to how you can apply for a matching donation. We are happy to provide receipts.
● VOLUNTEER: Please consider donating your time to support PTA events and fundraisers! Also, if you have fundraising ideas please let us know.
The PTA Executive Board Members frequently attend districtwide meetings to represent the school. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We are on Facebook too. Finally, be sure to add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your contact list. Most spam filters are less likely to filter out messages from senders you know.
Thank you in advance for supporting SMS and the PTA.
South Middle School PTA
2022-2023 Executive Board
Executive Vice Presidents
Shared Decision Parents